Busy Weekend

I had a few friends from work over this weekend for game night. Dave, Brian and Cindy came as well as the friend-who-must-not-be-named. Dave brought his wife, Edie, and Brian brought his girlfriend, Rachel. I ordered pizza and had some veggies and fruit, too. Since our family is LDS and we don’t drink, I also had a large bowl full of chocolate candy. I gained a couple of pounds from the food, but I had a great time.

We played Fluxx and Cranium, both of which are pretty freewheeling types of games. With Fluxx you start with only one rule and no goal, but you add new rules and goals as the game progresses. It’s confusing the first time through, but it gets to be a lot of fun once you get used to it. Cranium, as you probably know, is a game that combines every other board game known to man… Trivial Pursuit, Pictionary, Scrabble, etc… into one.

We split up the couples and Brian and I took on Dave and Rachel on one team and f-w-m-n-b-n with Edie and Cindy. Brian and I kinda won, but there was some argument about whether or not we cheated. I was ready to keep going until we got a definitive winner, but it was getting late, so we let it go. I think everyone had fun, I know I did.

The only downside was that I had already been feeling ill and I spent way too many hours cleaning and getting ready for the game night, so that on Sunday I was too sick to do much. We postponed celebrating Mom’s birthday until next week and I called in sick to work today. I got out of bed long enough to check email and call in sick and then went back to bed until noon. This afternoon the winds knocked out our power so we went to Chipotle’s at the Annapolis mall and did a tiny bit of shopping.

I am still sick, but the two days of rest helped a lot and I’m going back to work tomorrow. I hate to be out at all right now with all that is going on. I definitely can’t take two days off. I should be ok tomorrow, I handled the mall just fine tonight. I think that five hour nap this morning helped a lot. Sometimes when I get too exhausted my body just shuts down on me. I don’t know which comes first – getting sick and then feeling tired or getting tired and then feeling sick. It’s one reason I try not to overdo it, though, because I always end up sick. Speaking of which, I need to get to bed. I’ve been up for a full nine hours!

One Comment:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.